Pugs Atomz really gets around – both in the geographical and collaborative sense. Having brought us high-quality tunes on the solo tip, as a duo with beatsmith Rashid Hadee, and as one-third of The Gent$, the Windy City native’s now joined forces with New York/Berlin dual representative DJ Vadim and UK soul songstress Sabira Jade to form globetrotting trio The Electric, whose latest B-side is making its world premiere tonight in the Booth. More of a leisurely jog than an all-out sprint, Running finds Vadim blending syncopated percussion and descending organ chords as Atomz drops low-concept but high-caliber verses packed with trash talk and witty braggadocio: “I got the job, no need to interview, why you full of hot air like an inner tube?” Complete with Jade’s winning hook vocals, as well as Vadim’s expert sample deployments (I’m the Man by Gang Starr, The Temptations’ Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) and… I’ll let y’all I.D. the rest), this border-crossing banger should have listeners in the Booth and beyond Running to grab a copy of The Electric’s Beautiful 12” when it is available for purchase on Dec. 5.
Written by richard on 11/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Overload" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.