There are some who strongly believe that teaching kids about contraception in high school will only lead to trouble. Whether they are right or wrong (They are in fact wrong.) isn’t important; what is important is that Elbee Thrie strongly believes in birth control. His last feature, from summer of 2012, was with his Brookyln band Phony Ppl. The title? morninG after pill. The title of this solo effort? Rubbers. The new record should appeal to anyone with a taste for throwback sounds, as Elbee’s own production, driven by a staggering bass line, has a nostalgic, almost ATCQ vibe. Atop the beat, he demonstrates his smooth, quirky vocal style as he tells the tale of his latest fling, and offers listeners some sage advice on the record’s hook. For more edutaining cuts, check out Elbee’s upcoming, currently-unscheduled project, 53,000.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/12/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)