There are some who strongly believe that teaching kids about contraception in high school will only lead to trouble. Whether they are right or wrong (They are in fact wrong.) isn’t important; what is important is that Elbee Thrie strongly believes in birth control. His last feature, from summer of 2012, was with his Brookyln band Phony Ppl. The title? morninG after pill. The title of this solo effort? Rubbers. The new record should appeal to anyone with a taste for throwback sounds, as Elbee’s own production, driven by a staggering bass line, has a nostalgic, almost ATCQ vibe. Atop the beat, he demonstrates his smooth, quirky vocal style as he tells the tale of his latest fling, and offers listeners some sage advice on the record’s hook. For more edutaining cuts, check out Elbee’s upcoming, currently-unscheduled project, 53,000.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.