Ladies and gentlemen, meet the best African rapper alive. OK, given that E.L was awarded that title by a guy in the intro to his own song, there may be a little bias at play, but once you’ve listened to Touch the Bar once through, I doubt you’ll be in the mood to argue. Enigma handles production duties on this grimy selection, layering arpeggiated synths and string stabs over a head-noddable rhythm section as the Ghanaian emcee/beatsmith emphasizes his unstoppable drive to conquer the game: “Apart from Jesus, Mohammed, no other prophet can stop me from reaching the top.” This attention-grabbing cut isn’t attached to anything larger, but those feeling it should watch our pages for more from the BBnZ Live signee.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.