Ladies and gentlemen, meet the best African rapper alive. OK, given that E.L was awarded that title by a guy in the intro to his own song, there may be a little bias at play, but once you’ve listened to Touch the Bar once through, I doubt you’ll be in the mood to argue. Enigma handles production duties on this grimy selection, layering arpeggiated synths and string stabs over a head-noddable rhythm section as the Ghanaian emcee/beatsmith emphasizes his unstoppable drive to conquer the game: “Apart from Jesus, Mohammed, no other prophet can stop me from reaching the top.” This attention-grabbing cut isn’t attached to anything larger, but those feeling it should watch our pages for more from the BBnZ Live signee.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.