An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from Wisconsin, El-Sharif introduces his breezy, retro-informed sound to The DJBooth by way of a brand new single. On Still Trippin, an exclusive world premiere, the artist looks back on the crazy “sh*t [he’s] seen” over the course of his life to date, and offers his fellow hustlers a few useful pieces of advice. Eli Myles handles production, layering dreamy string and horn samples over a head-nodding boom-bap rhythm. The fall-bound album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date, so fans should keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 07/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.