An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from Wisconsin, El-Sharif introduces his breezy, retro-informed sound to The DJBooth by way of a brand new single. On Still Trippin, an exclusive world premiere, the artist looks back on the crazy “sh*t [he’s] seen” over the course of his life to date, and offers his fellow hustlers a few useful pieces of advice. Eli Myles handles production, layering dreamy string and horn samples over a head-nodding boom-bap rhythm. The fall-bound album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date, so fans should keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 07/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.