An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from Wisconsin, El-Sharif introduces his breezy, retro-informed sound to The DJBooth by way of a brand new single. On Still Trippin, an exclusive world premiere, the artist looks back on the crazy “sh*t [he’s] seen” over the course of his life to date, and offers his fellow hustlers a few useful pieces of advice. Eli Myles handles production, layering dreamy string and horn samples over a head-nodding boom-bap rhythm. The fall-bound album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date, so fans should keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 07/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.