Aside from a handful of guest features, West Coast representative El Prez has been relatively scarce of late; his last solo cut, Dedication, hit our front page way back in October of 2011. Where’s he been in the meantime? As he reveals on his latest feature, he’s been hard at work, ”... cooking up that crack In the Kitchen.” And it just so happens that Booth readers get the first taste of what he’s serving up. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural leak off Prez’ next mixtape finds the freestyle series alumnus waxing braggadocious over a uniquely addictive instrumental by Pitchshifters, the beat crew recently heard producing Jadakiss’ Turn Up. Backed by their minimal kick-snare rhythm and an impressive variety of cash register-related sound effects (if you listen close, you can even hear the receipt printing), Prez flaunts his sky-high stacks and female appeal. Fellow freestyle alum Aleon Craft guests, notably making a bid for Rap Lines That Make No Sense inclusion with the boast, “I don’t exist like Pluto.” Feeling it? More freshness awaits on LEADERSH!T, the artist’s debut project with Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music (Shawn Chrystopher‘s label).
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.