Aside from a handful of guest features, West Coast representative El Prez has been relatively scarce of late; his last solo cut, Dedication, hit our front page way back in October of 2011. Where’s he been in the meantime? As he reveals on his latest feature, he’s been hard at work, ”... cooking up that crack In the Kitchen.” And it just so happens that Booth readers get the first taste of what he’s serving up. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the inaugural leak off Prez’ next mixtape finds the freestyle series alumnus waxing braggadocious over a uniquely addictive instrumental by Pitchshifters, the beat crew recently heard producing Jadakiss’ Turn Up. Backed by their minimal kick-snare rhythm and an impressive variety of cash register-related sound effects (if you listen close, you can even hear the receipt printing), Prez flaunts his sky-high stacks and female appeal. Fellow freestyle alum Aleon Craft guests, notably making a bid for Rap Lines That Make No Sense inclusion with the boast, “I don’t exist like Pluto.” Feeling it? More freshness awaits on LEADERSH!T, the artist’s debut project with Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music (Shawn Chrystopher‘s label).
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.