Picture this scene: Beat drops, El Prez begins to rhyme and girls are running to the dance floor spilling their drinks yelling out, “I just wanna dance ... this is my song.” In an era of too many shout outs and instrumentals that drag on at the beginning of tracks, El Prez jumps right in like a game of double dutch with no hesitation on I’m Gone (King Kong). Ahead of the retails version of Animal Style due out next month (check the DJBooth mixtape version), El Prez releases the “animal-out-the-cage” version of the Ro-Blvd produced track and the joint (pun intended) goes hard. This is one of those tracks that’s perfect for the summer. Windows down, volume up and smoking some trees (allegedly) while beating on your chest like King Kong. But “pop Bottles on the White House Lawn”? I guess this is why we don’t invite rappers to the White House (thanks Common). Ha! I’m gone.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
Small Chronic Break/Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bright Lights Big City" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.