The Truth Hurts—especially when you happen to be fake as f**k. On this freshly-minted single, his first feature since March’s Five One Eight, El Gant dumps a chilly bucket of realness over his so-called competitors’ heads, hoping to make ‘em evaporate into steam like the Wicked Witch of the West. Over JOAT‘s head-nodding sample work, the headliner and fellow NYC repper Torae deliver aggressive rhymes that hark back to the “Starter Jacket era” in which they both came up. DJ Devastate assists behind the wheels of steel. El’s Beast Academy LP is slated to drop Tuesday, June 10, but fans in the Booth will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits our front page as an exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)