The Truth Hurts—especially when you happen to be fake as f**k. On this freshly-minted single, his first feature since March’s Five One Eight, El Gant dumps a chilly bucket of realness over his so-called competitors’ heads, hoping to make ‘em evaporate into steam like the Wicked Witch of the West. Over JOAT‘s head-nodding sample work, the headliner and fellow NYC repper Torae deliver aggressive rhymes that hark back to the “Starter Jacket era” in which they both came up. DJ Devastate assists behind the wheels of steel. El’s Beast Academy LP is slated to drop Tuesday, June 10, but fans in the Booth will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when the project hits our front page as an exclusive stream.
Written by richard on 05/22/14
Known for his impeccable delivery, El Gant began building a name for himself in the early 2000s, becoming a four-time MTV Direct Effect Freestyle Champion on the strength of his quick-witted bars. Having released several...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)