Birds, as the cliché goes, flock together, so it stands to reason that an emcee as talented as NYC’s El Gant should have homies who are similarly adept at the art of microphone murder. On Three Amigos, the lead single off his next independent full-length, he proves that hypothesis true, enlisting the lyrical services of a Booth-approved buzzmaker and a storied vet. Over JOAT‘s funky, guitar-heavy beat, the headliner trades hard-hitting verses with Connecticut fast-riser Chris Webby and B.K. legend Ill Bill. This ensemble banger is just one of many fresh cuts slated to appear on Gant’s Beast Academy LP, set to drop June 10, via Nacirema. Upon release, it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Known for his impeccable delivery, El Gant began building a name for himself in the early 2000s, becoming a four-time MTV Direct Effect Freestyle Champion on the strength of his quick-witted bars. Having released several...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.