Birds, as the cliché goes, flock together, so it stands to reason that an emcee as talented as NYC’s El Gant should have homies who are similarly adept at the art of microphone murder. On Three Amigos, the lead single off his next independent full-length, he proves that hypothesis true, enlisting the lyrical services of a Booth-approved buzzmaker and a storied vet. Over JOAT‘s funky, guitar-heavy beat, the headliner trades hard-hitting verses with Connecticut fast-riser Chris Webby and B.K. legend Ill Bill. This ensemble banger is just one of many fresh cuts slated to appear on Gant’s Beast Academy LP, set to drop June 10, via Nacirema. Upon release, it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.