Birds, as the cliché goes, flock together, so it stands to reason that an emcee as talented as NYC’s El Gant should have homies who are similarly adept at the art of microphone murder. On Three Amigos, the lead single off his next independent full-length, he proves that hypothesis true, enlisting the lyrical services of a Booth-approved buzzmaker and a storied vet. Over JOAT‘s funky, guitar-heavy beat, the headliner trades hard-hitting verses with Connecticut fast-riser Chris Webby and B.K. legend Ill Bill. This ensemble banger is just one of many fresh cuts slated to appear on Gant’s Beast Academy LP, set to drop June 10, via Nacirema. Upon release, it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.