Even seasoned street veterans need a little self-esteem boost from time to time. On freshly-released single I Love Me, Big Apple stalwarts El Gant and Tek (of Smif-N-Wessun) give themselves a hearty lyrical pat on the back, rhapsodizing about their mic skills, their charisma and general ballerdom over a sampled beat by Drawzilla. Booth fave Sha Stimuli one-ups the headliners in his final verse, turning his own narcissism into a topic of braggadocious hyperbole: “Yo I sleep with myself, I don’t even need a wife. / I’m engaged to me. You can go back in time / and ask any girl I’ve been with, Sha’s his own valentine.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Gant and Tek’s Gibson Glover has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.