Even seasoned street veterans need a little self-esteem boost from time to time. On freshly-released single I Love Me, Big Apple stalwarts El Gant and Tek (of Smif-N-Wessun) give themselves a hearty lyrical pat on the back, rhapsodizing about their mic skills, their charisma and general ballerdom over a sampled beat by Drawzilla. Booth fave Sha Stimuli one-ups the headliners in his final verse, turning his own narcissism into a topic of braggadocious hyperbole: “Yo I sleep with myself, I don’t even need a wife. / I’m engaged to me. You can go back in time / and ask any girl I’ve been with, Sha’s his own valentine.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Gant and Tek’s Gibson Glover has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.