Even seasoned street veterans need a little self-esteem boost from time to time. On freshly-released single I Love Me, Big Apple stalwarts El Gant and Tek (of Smif-N-Wessun) give themselves a hearty lyrical pat on the back, rhapsodizing about their mic skills, their charisma and general ballerdom over a sampled beat by Drawzilla. Booth fave Sha Stimuli one-ups the headliners in his final verse, turning his own narcissism into a topic of braggadocious hyperbole: “Yo I sleep with myself, I don’t even need a wife. / I’m engaged to me. You can go back in time / and ask any girl I’ve been with, Sha’s his own valentine.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Gant and Tek’s Gibson Glover has yet to be assigned a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.