Some things don’t change. From the days of The Artifacts to today, El Da Sensei has kept the quality of his bars in tip top shape, rightfully owning the title of Bully Rap for his subgenre. An example of this mastery can be found on Show Stoppa, the second single off of the Unearthed (out May 13) compilation album from Brooklyn independent label, Coalmine Records. It has always sounded like El was holding back in the intensity of his voice, which should make you feel that much more terrified of how vicious he could become. DJ Devastate holds it down on the 1’s and 2’s with not only a catchy, bouncy guitar line and a set of dope scratches, but also putting together a chorus composed of some Hip-Hop classics—an art form that many wish they could master. If you can’t wait until the 13th, be sure to check out the first single from the project courtesy of Pharoahe Monch.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.