Can one Human being change the world? Reading, Pa. rhymesayer EKKO (not to be confused with Harlem’s ESSO) thinks so—and through his career in the rap game, he’s looking to prove it. On this newly-released promo single, his first feature in the Booth, the unsigned up-and-comer lets us know just how hard he’s willing to work to make his mark, outlining his lofty aspiration in fast-paced, adroitly-flowed verses. To complement the artist’s high-energy bars, as well as reader fave REKS‘s equally passionate guest 16, Stacks Beatsz crafts an exhilarating instrumental centered around a sped-up sample from Ellie Goulding’s 2010 album inclusion of the same title. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; EKKO doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.