Can one Human being change the world? Reading, Pa. rhymesayer EKKO (not to be confused with Harlem’s ESSO) thinks so—and through his career in the rap game, he’s looking to prove it. On this newly-released promo single, his first feature in the Booth, the unsigned up-and-comer lets us know just how hard he’s willing to work to make his mark, outlining his lofty aspiration in fast-paced, adroitly-flowed verses. To complement the artist’s high-energy bars, as well as reader fave REKS‘s equally passionate guest 16, Stacks Beatsz crafts an exhilarating instrumental centered around a sped-up sample from Ellie Goulding’s 2010 album inclusion of the same title. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; EKKO doesn’t currently have any larger projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)