With flesh-eating zombies roaming the streets of America first and foremost we should thank Eighty4 Fly for merely being Kush High – lord knows getting bath salts high can lead to bad things. Making its online world premiere in The DJBooth right here, right now, Kush High floats along on a smoking beat from A Dot (Green) that’s potent enough to give listeners a contact high through their headphones alone. On the mic the Seattle spitter continues to show his range coming off Go Slow, dropping much more than just stoner raps by proclaiming that while he can blaze up with the best of them, he’s still stone cold sober when it comes to his lofty ambition: “Bottles of that Cliquot, pour it in the chalice / been a king for years, all I need is the palace.” Listeners looking to get even higher (figuratively speaking) with Fly can keep it locked for the release of his COLORS album on August 25 – or if you can’t wait that long and are in the Seattle area, simply flip on KUBE93 and hear Kush High on rotation.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Underground rhymesayer Eighty4 Fly has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the COLORS mixtape. The project features 19 original cuts from the Seattle native, including reader-approved...
Taylor Management Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Slow" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.