In 2013, the Booth experienced an unprecedented influx of emerging talent from the Chicago area. It seems that trend may be destined to continue in 2014. One of the first Windy City up-and-comers to make his mark on our pages in the new year, eGo Jaleel introduces himself with braggadocious promo cut I’m Good. Here, Tony Baines‘s brass fanfare sets a triumphant mood as Jaleel spits about his many conquests in the sexual arena, as well as his impending domination of the hip-hop game. Taylor Bennett, brother of rising star Chance the Rapper, assists on the guest tip; his calm, collected delivery is a far cry from his sibling’s off-the-wall flow, but it’s clear that mic skills run in the family. Though not attached to the project, I’m Good will undoubtedly raise listener anticipation for new street album Better Being Jaleel, projected to drop before year’s end.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.