In 2013, the Booth experienced an unprecedented influx of emerging talent from the Chicago area. It seems that trend may be destined to continue in 2014. One of the first Windy City up-and-comers to make his mark on our pages in the new year, eGo Jaleel introduces himself with braggadocious promo cut I’m Good. Here, Tony Baines‘s brass fanfare sets a triumphant mood as Jaleel spits about his many conquests in the sexual arena, as well as his impending domination of the hip-hop game. Taylor Bennett, brother of rising star Chance the Rapper, assists on the guest tip; his calm, collected delivery is a far cry from his sibling’s off-the-wall flow, but it’s clear that mic skills run in the family. Though not attached to the project, I’m Good will undoubtedly raise listener anticipation for new street album Better Being Jaleel, projected to drop before year’s end.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.