The dictionary defines a vendetta as a “prolonged series of retaliatory, vengeful, or hostile acts” and e.d.g.e. defines his hip-hop Vendetta as, well, pretty much the exact same fu**king thing. A staff selection from e.d.g.e’s recently released Destroy & Rebuild album, Vendetta is fueled by a heavily sampled and supremely riding beat from BroadNMarket, who regulars might recall from our Do the Math EP. On the mic the Vancouver emcee lets it be know that he’s out for scalps, although maybe not in the usual way: “Tech talk I’m a 100 terabytes, you’re a widget.” For more aggressively dope hip-hop Destroy & Rebuild is available for free stream and download via Audiomack right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.