If “Hip-Hop Cities” were to come up as a category in Family Feud, “Vancouver” might not be the first name to roll off your tongue. Nonetheless, it offers a caliber of talent that can compete with the game’s best and and brightest. On his latest promo single, local rhymesayer e.d.g.e. gives us an idea of just how lofty the Vancity Standard is, lacing HiPNOTT producer Danny Diggs’ boom-bap sample work with raw and uncompromising lyrical flames. A chorus sampled from Common‘s 6th Sense and DJ Honda‘s Mos Def-assisted Travellin’ Man (Remix) accents the record’s throwback vibe. If this cut leaves you craving more hot beats and rhymes from north of the US border, keep it locked to the Booth; while Standard isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from e.d.g.e.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.