Like the Wu-Tang Clan before him, e.d.g.e. has a soft spot for Asian action flicks. Whereas the legendary NY crew was fascinated with the kung-fu classics, though, the Vancouver representative prefers more contemporary fare. On his latest single, he declares himself the Rap Game Tony Jaa, likening his dexterity on the mic to the Ong-Bak star’s balletic brand of martial artistry. To back e.d.g.e. as he kicks game, Denver beatsmith Justyn Wave crafts an uptempo instrumental driven by a throwback funk/soul sample. Tony Jaa is part of the emcee’s Ink & Inspiration tape, set to drop digitally next Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.