Like the Wu-Tang Clan before him, e.d.g.e. has a soft spot for Asian action flicks. Whereas the legendary NY crew was fascinated with the kung-fu classics, though, the Vancouver representative prefers more contemporary fare. On his latest single, he declares himself the Rap Game Tony Jaa, likening his dexterity on the mic to the Ong-Bak star’s balletic brand of martial artistry. To back e.d.g.e. as he kicks game, Denver beatsmith Justyn Wave crafts an uptempo instrumental driven by a throwback funk/soul sample. Tony Jaa is part of the emcee’s Ink & Inspiration tape, set to drop digitally next Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.