Like the Wu-Tang Clan before him, e.d.g.e. has a soft spot for Asian action flicks. Whereas the legendary NY crew was fascinated with the kung-fu classics, though, the Vancouver representative prefers more contemporary fare. On his latest single, he declares himself the Rap Game Tony Jaa, likening his dexterity on the mic to the Ong-Bak star’s balletic brand of martial artistry. To back e.d.g.e. as he kicks game, Denver beatsmith Justyn Wave crafts an uptempo instrumental driven by a throwback funk/soul sample. Tony Jaa is part of the emcee’s Ink & Inspiration tape, set to drop digitally next Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)