Like the Wu-Tang Clan before him, e.d.g.e. has a soft spot for Asian action flicks. Whereas the legendary NY crew was fascinated with the kung-fu classics, though, the Vancouver representative prefers more contemporary fare. On his latest single, he declares himself the Rap Game Tony Jaa, likening his dexterity on the mic to the Ong-Bak star’s balletic brand of martial artistry. To back e.d.g.e. as he kicks game, Denver beatsmith Justyn Wave crafts an uptempo instrumental driven by a throwback funk/soul sample. Tony Jaa is part of the emcee’s Ink & Inspiration tape, set to drop digitally next Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.