Like the Wu-Tang Clan before him, e.d.g.e. has a soft spot for Asian action flicks. Whereas the legendary NY crew was fascinated with the kung-fu classics, though, the Vancouver representative prefers more contemporary fare. On his latest single, he declares himself the Rap Game Tony Jaa, likening his dexterity on the mic to the Ong-Bak star’s balletic brand of martial artistry. To back e.d.g.e. as he kicks game, Denver beatsmith Justyn Wave crafts an uptempo instrumental driven by a throwback funk/soul sample. Tony Jaa is part of the emcee’s Ink & Inspiration tape, set to drop digitally next Thursday, June 27.
Written by richard on 06/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.