Fresh off introducing himself to our pages with the moody, reader-acclaimed Hope, Eddy B. has returned with another fresh single off his next street release. While the Nu Vintage-produced Paper does indeed depict the artist’s hustle for cash, the title is a double entendre; in addition to folding money, it refers to the local newspaper, whose lack of job listings meant that the North Carolina rhymesayer had to turn to crime in order to survive. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Lex Kimbrough‘s official visuals poignantly illustrate the struggle described in the artist’s bars. Paper is just one of many quality cuts slated to appear on Eddy B.‘s next solo project, HopeLess Act. Stay tuned for further release details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
North Carolina rhymesayer Eddy B, formerly of Eddy B & Tim Gunter, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his first solo street album, HopeLess Act. The project, a heartfelt display of pain, struggle and...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.