Fresh off introducing himself to our pages with the moody, reader-acclaimed Hope, Eddy B. has returned with another fresh single off his next street release. While the Nu Vintage-produced Paper does indeed depict the artist’s hustle for cash, the title is a double entendre; in addition to folding money, it refers to the local newspaper, whose lack of job listings meant that the North Carolina rhymesayer had to turn to crime in order to survive. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, Lex Kimbrough‘s official visuals poignantly illustrate the struggle described in the artist’s bars. Paper is just one of many quality cuts slated to appear on Eddy B.‘s next solo project, HopeLess Act. Stay tuned for further release details on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/29/13
North Carolina rhymesayer Eddy B, formerly of Eddy B & Tim Gunter, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his first solo street album, HopeLess Act. The project, a heartfelt display of pain, struggle and...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.