For denizens of inner-city areas devastated by poverty and violence, Hope is a rare commodity. On his latest single and debut feature, North Carolina rhymesayer Eddy B. (formerly one-half of a duo with beatsmith Tim Gunter) gives listeners a taste of what it’s like to live every day praying that a stray bullet doesn’t have your name on it. Nu Vintage‘s gritty, yet soulful sample work backs the emcee as he rhymes about the experience of finding family members—including his own brother—dead in the streets, and wondering if he could be next. This harrowing single is part of forthcoming street album HopeLess Act, scheduled for release this April. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep this record’s official video, directed by Lex Kimbrough.
Written by richard on 03/21/13
North Carolina rhymesayer Eddy B, formerly of Eddy B & Tim Gunter, has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his first solo street album, HopeLess Act. The project, a heartfelt display of pain, struggle and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.