We’ve glimpsed Ed Sheeran as a guest on joints by Lupe Fiasco (Old School Love) and STS (Waiting on the GoldRUSH), and we’ve even seen him co-headline a couple records with Yelawolf (Faces, You Don’t Know), but today marks the UK singer/songwriter’s official Booth debut as a solo artist. Even if it isn’t technically our first impression of the Asylum/Atlantic signee, album lead single SING will undoubtedly motivate listeners to get more familiar with his oeuvre. Appropriately given the title, this joint offers a full demonstration of Sheeran’s vocal talents. As the singer recounts how he and an female clubgoer “found love at a local rave,” he showcases an appealing falsetto and a fluid, charismatic delivery. Pharrell Williams exhibits his usual pop savvy behind the boards, layering lightly funky guitar strums over a mid-tempo, hip-swiveling rhythm section. SING is just one of many addictive jams to be found on Ed Sheeran’s sophomore album, X. Watch our pages for future song releases off the set, which is slated to hit stores June 23.
UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals for SING.
Written by richard on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don’t Know (For F**k Sake)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.