As far as singles off his sophomore set are concerned, Ed Sheeran is two for two in the Booth; both SING and Don’t won widespread praise from our readers. Well, I think it’s not premature to announce that he’s achieved a hat trick; though Afire Love love is very different in sound and tone from either of its predecessors, its universal themes and emotional potency seem destined to make it a hit on our pages and beyond. Over a bittersweet, fiddle-laced arrangement produced by Sheeran himself, the artist vividly depicts his grandfather’s deterioration in the grips of Alzheimer’s disease, and the slowly-healing hole his death left in the family. Pre-order X in anticipation of its June 23, drop date, and you’ll receive a free download of this poignant cut in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don’t Know (For F**k Sake)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.