As far as singles off his sophomore set are concerned, Ed Sheeran is two for two in the Booth; both SING and Don’t won widespread praise from our readers. Well, I think it’s not premature to announce that he’s achieved a hat trick; though Afire Love love is very different in sound and tone from either of its predecessors, its universal themes and emotional potency seem destined to make it a hit on our pages and beyond. Over a bittersweet, fiddle-laced arrangement produced by Sheeran himself, the artist vividly depicts his grandfather’s deterioration in the grips of Alzheimer’s disease, and the slowly-healing hole his death left in the family. Pre-order X in anticipation of its June 23, drop date, and you’ll receive a free download of this poignant cut in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don’t Know (For F**k Sake)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.