As far as singles off his sophomore set are concerned, Ed Sheeran is two for two in the Booth; both SING and Don’t won widespread praise from our readers. Well, I think it’s not premature to announce that he’s achieved a hat trick; though Afire Love love is very different in sound and tone from either of its predecessors, its universal themes and emotional potency seem destined to make it a hit on our pages and beyond. Over a bittersweet, fiddle-laced arrangement produced by Sheeran himself, the artist vividly depicts his grandfather’s deterioration in the grips of Alzheimer’s disease, and the slowly-healing hole his death left in the family. Pre-order X in anticipation of its June 23, drop date, and you’ll receive a free download of this poignant cut in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don’t Know (For F**k Sake)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.