I don’t have an actual crush on indie pop artist E.B, just a Girl Crush. You know, like a friend crush. Why? Well, for starters, Ms. Wright is the daughter of the late Eazy-E, which makes her related to rap royalty. On her bubbly, new single, E.B. too shares in having a Girl Crush, only hers sounds a little different than mine. Setting the stage on this catchy cut is the floating, synth-driven beatwork of Sonny Digital. While the production is undeniable ear candy, it plays second fiddle to E.B.‘s poppy yet powerful vocals that are used to explain her interesting infatuation. This effort is not part of a larger body of work at present time, but be sure to check out her debut DJBooth feature, 2011’s What I Wanna Do.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)