I don’t have an actual crush on indie pop artist E.B, just a Girl Crush. You know, like a friend crush. Why? Well, for starters, Ms. Wright is the daughter of the late Eazy-E, which makes her related to rap royalty. On her bubbly, new single, E.B. too shares in having a Girl Crush, only hers sounds a little different than mine. Setting the stage on this catchy cut is the floating, synth-driven beatwork of Sonny Digital. While the production is undeniable ear candy, it plays second fiddle to E.B.‘s poppy yet powerful vocals that are used to explain her interesting infatuation. This effort is not part of a larger body of work at present time, but be sure to check out her debut DJBooth feature, 2011’s What I Wanna Do.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.