I don’t have an actual crush on indie pop artist E.B, just a Girl Crush. You know, like a friend crush. Why? Well, for starters, Ms. Wright is the daughter of the late Eazy-E, which makes her related to rap royalty. On her bubbly, new single, E.B. too shares in having a Girl Crush, only hers sounds a little different than mine. Setting the stage on this catchy cut is the floating, synth-driven beatwork of Sonny Digital. While the production is undeniable ear candy, it plays second fiddle to E.B.‘s poppy yet powerful vocals that are used to explain her interesting infatuation. This effort is not part of a larger body of work at present time, but be sure to check out her debut DJBooth feature, 2011’s What I Wanna Do.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.