The consumption of liquor can be a blessing or a curse. For The Niceguys emcee Easy Yves Saint, it’s definitely both. On his latest solo single, a DJBooth premiere, the Queens emcee by way of Texas admits that we may never know the complete story of his alcohol filled nights thanks to the BLUR they’ve left behind. We get enough of a rough outline, though, to fill in the gaps. The mechanical beat from producers Dorian and Mel (of The Outfit, TX) will most likely give listeners the feeling that these hazy nights have become a habit of EYS, with no end in sight. Maybe the rest of the details will come to him on his upcoming EP, Sincerely, Yves, which is due out May 6. The offering will be the first in a series of three EPs, each with 5-6 songs. Looks like he’s about to make a major statement in 2014.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.