The consumption of liquor can be a blessing or a curse. For The Niceguys emcee Easy Yves Saint, it’s definitely both. On his latest solo single, a DJBooth premiere, the Queens emcee by way of Texas admits that we may never know the complete story of his alcohol filled nights thanks to the BLUR they’ve left behind. We get enough of a rough outline, though, to fill in the gaps. The mechanical beat from producers Dorian and Mel (of The Outfit, TX) will most likely give listeners the feeling that these hazy nights have become a habit of EYS, with no end in sight. Maybe the rest of the details will come to him on his upcoming EP, Sincerely, Yves, which is due out May 6. The offering will be the first in a series of three EPs, each with 5-6 songs. Looks like he’s about to make a major statement in 2014.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.