Hailing from Inglewood is Southern California’s newest talent, Eastwood. The inactive Blood was previously signed to Black Wall Street Records before going independent, but now looks to bring back the West Coast with his debut single, West Really, from his upcoming album, Making History. Although this is typical West Coast rap, gang loyalty and banging galore, it is rather distinguished with top-notch production from Meech Wells & Squirm, as well as verses from East’s fellow SoCal Bloods, Compton’s The Game and Watts’ Jay Rock. This single will most likely not put him among the West Coast’s elite, but the real question remains, will it help bring the West Coast back as hip hop’s premier region?
Written by Burmy on 07/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Money ft. Eastwood" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.