Hailing from Inglewood is Southern California’s newest talent, Eastwood. The inactive Blood was previously signed to Black Wall Street Records before going independent, but now looks to bring back the West Coast with his debut single, West Really, from his upcoming album, Making History. Although this is typical West Coast rap, gang loyalty and banging galore, it is rather distinguished with top-notch production from Meech Wells & Squirm, as well as verses from East’s fellow SoCal Bloods, Compton’s The Game and Watts’ Jay Rock. This single will most likely not put him among the West Coast’s elite, but the real question remains, will it help bring the West Coast back as hip hop’s premier region?
Written by Burmy on 07/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Get Money ft. Eastwood" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.