As the West Coast continues its quest to regain its place atop the hip-hop hierarchy, its two primary regions, SoCal and the Bay Area, have joined forces. Up-and-coming Inglewood artist Eastwood has teamed up with Vallejo legend E-40 to start a movement from the Bay 2 LA. As both showcase the stylistic flows of their respective regions, the production is a mixture of G-funk and Hyphy all rolled up into one. While the resulting sound may be very regional to some, Bay 2 LA is nonetheless the perfect jam to bump while ghost riding that lowrider. The song can be found on DJ Mighty Mike & Goldie Gold’s Driving Drunk Vol. 8 mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Really ft. The Game & Jay Rock" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.