As the West Coast continues its quest to regain its place atop the hip-hop hierarchy, its two primary regions, SoCal and the Bay Area, have joined forces. Up-and-coming Inglewood artist Eastwood has teamed up with Vallejo legend E-40 to start a movement from the Bay 2 LA. As both showcase the stylistic flows of their respective regions, the production is a mixture of G-funk and Hyphy all rolled up into one. While the resulting sound may be very regional to some, Bay 2 LA is nonetheless the perfect jam to bump while ghost riding that lowrider. The song can be found on DJ Mighty Mike & Goldie Gold’s Driving Drunk Vol. 8 mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Really ft. The Game & Jay Rock" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.