As the West Coast continues its quest to regain its place atop the hip-hop hierarchy, its two primary regions, SoCal and the Bay Area, have joined forces. Up-and-coming Inglewood artist Eastwood has teamed up with Vallejo legend E-40 to start a movement from the Bay 2 LA. As both showcase the stylistic flows of their respective regions, the production is a mixture of G-funk and Hyphy all rolled up into one. While the resulting sound may be very regional to some, Bay 2 LA is nonetheless the perfect jam to bump while ghost riding that lowrider. The song can be found on DJ Mighty Mike & Goldie Gold’s Driving Drunk Vol. 8 mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"West Really ft. The Game & Jay Rock" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)