If there are any small children in the room, cover their ears; as the title suggests, EarthGang‘s first DJBooth feature contains some strong language. Or, just let ‘em listen—exposure to high-quality hip-hop can only improve their developing minds, even if they hear The F Bomb dropped a few (dozen) times. A standout off the ATLien duo’s last street album, this cut finds partners-in-rhyme Johnny Venus and Doctur Dot flaunting their “IDGAF” attitudes and their down-South drawls in irreverent verses. Their bars may be on the abrasive side, but the soulful chopped-sample beat (courtesy of Spillage Village‘s Hollywood JB) is as smooth as
f*ck silk. For more ear-pleasing grooves and dope, profanity-laced bars, cop EarthGang’s Shallow Graves for Toys LP, available online as of October.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.