If there are any small children in the room, cover their ears; as the title suggests, EarthGang‘s first DJBooth feature contains some strong language. Or, just let ‘em listen—exposure to high-quality hip-hop can only improve their developing minds, even if they hear The F Bomb dropped a few (dozen) times. A standout off the ATLien duo’s last street album, this cut finds partners-in-rhyme Johnny Venus and Doctur Dot flaunting their “IDGAF” attitudes and their down-South drawls in irreverent verses. Their bars may be on the abrasive side, but the soulful chopped-sample beat (courtesy of Spillage Village‘s Hollywood JB) is as smooth as
f*ck silk. For more ear-pleasing grooves and dope, profanity-laced bars, cop EarthGang’s Shallow Graves for Toys LP, available online as of October.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"16 Albinos in the S.W.A.T.S." (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.