If there are any small children in the room, cover their ears; as the title suggests, EarthGang‘s first DJBooth feature contains some strong language. Or, just let ‘em listen—exposure to high-quality hip-hop can only improve their developing minds, even if they hear The F Bomb dropped a few (dozen) times. A standout off the ATLien duo’s last street album, this cut finds partners-in-rhyme Johnny Venus and Doctur Dot flaunting their “IDGAF” attitudes and their down-South drawls in irreverent verses. Their bars may be on the abrasive side, but the soulful chopped-sample beat (courtesy of Spillage Village‘s Hollywood JB) is as smooth as
f*ck silk. For more ear-pleasing grooves and dope, profanity-laced bars, cop EarthGang’s Shallow Graves for Toys LP, available online as of October.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"16 Albinos in the S.W.A.T.S." (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.