Few young emcees inspire more shock and awe on a bar-by-bar basis than Odd Future lyricist Earl Sweatshirt. If you’re picking up what he’s putting down, practically every other line will elicit a double-take. On this freshly-minted single selection, crew leader Tyler, The Creator takes the responsibility of reacting to Earl’s rhymes off your shoulders, making a dumbstruck, sampled “WHOA,” the centerpiece of his instrumental. In addition to lending his gravelly flows to verse two, the LA native also directs the joint’s grimy official visuals (as cinematic alter-ego Wolf Haley). Featuring this cut, December’s reader-approved Chum and more, DORIS is coming soon via XL/Odd Future Records. In the meantime, of course, you can stay tuned to The DJBooth for the latest song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.