Few young emcees inspire more shock and awe on a bar-by-bar basis than Odd Future lyricist Earl Sweatshirt. If you’re picking up what he’s putting down, practically every other line will elicit a double-take. On this freshly-minted single selection, crew leader Tyler, The Creator takes the responsibility of reacting to Earl’s rhymes off your shoulders, making a dumbstruck, sampled “WHOA,” the centerpiece of his instrumental. In addition to lending his gravelly flows to verse two, the LA native also directs the joint’s grimy official visuals (as cinematic alter-ego Wolf Haley). Featuring this cut, December’s reader-approved Chum and more, DORIS is coming soon via XL/Odd Future Records. In the meantime, of course, you can stay tuned to The DJBooth for the latest song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 03/12/13
Like many, I got my first exposure to Earl Sweatshirt via the AJ Rojas-directed visuals for "Earl". Depicting the 17-year-old emcee and his Odd Future colleagues mixing up and imbibing a literal drug cocktail with results...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.