Not featured on our pages since dropping off the aptly-titled WHOA back in March, Odd Future phenom Earl Sweatshirt returns to build anticipation for his forthcoming full-length with new single Hive. Whereas its predecessor had a more playful vibe, this record features Earl at his grimiest, lacing a desolate RandomBlackDude and Matt Martians beat with polysyllabically-rhymed visions of pollution, drug addiction and urban decay. Casey Veggies grabs the mic to trade lines with the headliner on verse two, and Vince Staples commandeers the cut’s closing 16. Hiro Marai directs the fittingly moody, offbeat official visuals. Sweatshirt’s long-awaited Doris LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, August 20. Click here to pre-order the project via iTunes!
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.