Not featured on our pages since dropping off the aptly-titled WHOA back in March, Odd Future phenom Earl Sweatshirt returns to build anticipation for his forthcoming full-length with new single Hive. Whereas its predecessor had a more playful vibe, this record features Earl at his grimiest, lacing a desolate RandomBlackDude and Matt Martians beat with polysyllabically-rhymed visions of pollution, drug addiction and urban decay. Casey Veggies grabs the mic to trade lines with the headliner on verse two, and Vince Staples commandeers the cut’s closing 16. Hiro Marai directs the fittingly moody, offbeat official visuals. Sweatshirt’s long-awaited Doris LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, August 20. Click here to pre-order the project via iTunes!
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.