Being that this is Earl Hayes’ first Booth feature, I ran a quick Google search on the man before I pressed play. After ruling out the possibility that Earl was a body builder who takes selfies in the mirror and a criminal with spiky hair from Pinellas County, Florida, I realized that my best bet was to end my research session to get right to the music. While the emcee might not be the only man born Earl Hayes, the Detroit native is definitely the only Earl who can rock the mic (along with this guy who rocks a Sweatshirt). The record’s title, Images, is fairly apt because Hayes’ lyrical performance, in which he boasts about the finer things in life, paints a clear image in your head, a skill only the most adept on the mic have to offer. Not to mention, Hayes’ flow ain’t half bad either, as he graces the slick, woodwind splashed beat from beat gladiator Prime Maximus, with deep, rasp tone. There is no word on if Images is part of some larger release, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/3/13
The Money Team
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)