Being that this is Earl Hayes’ first Booth feature, I ran a quick Google search on the man before I pressed play. After ruling out the possibility that Earl was a body builder who takes selfies in the mirror and a criminal with spiky hair from Pinellas County, Florida, I realized that my best bet was to end my research session to get right to the music. While the emcee might not be the only man born Earl Hayes, the Detroit native is definitely the only Earl who can rock the mic (along with this guy who rocks a Sweatshirt). The record’s title, Images, is fairly apt because Hayes’ lyrical performance, in which he boasts about the finer things in life, paints a clear image in your head, a skill only the most adept on the mic have to offer. Not to mention, Hayes’ flow ain’t half bad either, as he graces the slick, woodwind splashed beat from beat gladiator Prime Maximus, with deep, rasp tone. There is no word on if Images is part of some larger release, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/3/13
The Money Team
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.