Being that this is Earl Hayes’ first Booth feature, I ran a quick Google search on the man before I pressed play. After ruling out the possibility that Earl was a body builder who takes selfies in the mirror and a criminal with spiky hair from Pinellas County, Florida, I realized that my best bet was to end my research session to get right to the music. While the emcee might not be the only man born Earl Hayes, the Detroit native is definitely the only Earl who can rock the mic (along with this guy who rocks a Sweatshirt). The record’s title, Images, is fairly apt because Hayes’ lyrical performance, in which he boasts about the finer things in life, paints a clear image in your head, a skill only the most adept on the mic have to offer. Not to mention, Hayes’ flow ain’t half bad either, as he graces the slick, woodwind splashed beat from beat gladiator Prime Maximus, with deep, rasp tone. There is no word on if Images is part of some larger release, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
The Money Team
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.