On March 29, E-40 will be dropping his upcoming double-album, Revenue Retrievin’: Graveyard Shift, and latest cut That Candy Paint, featuring Bun B and Slim Thug is rumored to be it’s standout cut. The question is: will the Booth be in accord? On Candy Paint, producer Shape Shifta lays down some colorful organ chords over a minimalist drum pattern as the southern trio celebrates the art of “flossin’.” 40 flows first with his typical emphatic delivery, taking us on a ride as he stuns onlookers with his tricked out whip. Thugga and Bun follow suit in their similar verses; celebrating that sacred art of the South: “Sittin in they candy paint sideways, pull up out of my driveway / drop that top and let them chop then head on out on that highway.” Standout cut? TBD. As always, we’ll let the Booth duke it out in the comments below. If you were feeling this, be sure to cop Revenue Retrievin’: Graveyard Shift, set to drop next Tuesday.
Written by CourtlandHH on 03/23/11
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)