On March 29, E-40 will be dropping his upcoming double-album, Revenue Retrievin’: Graveyard Shift, and latest cut That Candy Paint, featuring Bun B and Slim Thug is rumored to be it’s standout cut. The question is: will the Booth be in accord? On Candy Paint, producer Shape Shifta lays down some colorful organ chords over a minimalist drum pattern as the southern trio celebrates the art of “flossin’.” 40 flows first with his typical emphatic delivery, taking us on a ride as he stuns onlookers with his tricked out whip. Thugga and Bun follow suit in their similar verses; celebrating that sacred art of the South: “Sittin in they candy paint sideways, pull up out of my driveway / drop that top and let them chop then head on out on that highway.” Standout cut? TBD. As always, we’ll let the Booth duke it out in the comments below. If you were feeling this, be sure to cop Revenue Retrievin’: Graveyard Shift, set to drop next Tuesday.
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.