An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from the hip-hop capital of the South, A-Town’s E.R.A. makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with an EP single dedicated to a jazz legend. Appropriately given its namesake, Coltrane is heavy on the horns. Producer Glenn Greatzky‘s brass/woodwind loops, superimposed over a laid-back, yet driving percussion rhythm, accompanies the emcee as he celebrates his mic skills in vivid, animated verses. The record ends with a thematically appropriate snippet from an interview with the jazz great. Has this head-noddable debut feature piqued your interest? More awaits on E.R.A.‘s The Breeze Card Chronicles EP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)