An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from the hip-hop capital of the South, A-Town’s E.R.A. makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with an EP single dedicated to a jazz legend. Appropriately given its namesake, Coltrane is heavy on the horns. Producer Glenn Greatzky‘s brass/woodwind loops, superimposed over a laid-back, yet driving percussion rhythm, accompanies the emcee as he celebrates his mic skills in vivid, animated verses. The record ends with a thematically appropriate snippet from an interview with the jazz great. Has this head-noddable debut feature piqued your interest? More awaits on E.R.A.‘s The Breeze Card Chronicles EP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.