An unsigned buzzmaker hailing from the hip-hop capital of the South, A-Town’s E.R.A. makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with an EP single dedicated to a jazz legend. Appropriately given its namesake, Coltrane is heavy on the horns. Producer Glenn Greatzky‘s brass/woodwind loops, superimposed over a laid-back, yet driving percussion rhythm, accompanies the emcee as he celebrates his mic skills in vivid, animated verses. The record ends with a thematically appropriate snippet from an interview with the jazz great. Has this head-noddable debut feature piqued your interest? More awaits on E.R.A.‘s The Breeze Card Chronicles EP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.