Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 18th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of e-dubble, the Baltimore, MD native who has racked up a whopping 15 features on our pages over the past three years. On The Cause, e’s own hard hitting, head-noddable drums back his aggressive, no holds barred flow that will suck you into his world faster than a stray Fruit Loop on a collision course with a Hoover vacuum. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; e-dubble is preparing the release of a collabo EP with 27Lights later this month, followed by a new album, entitled #twotonerebel, which is due out this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.