Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 18th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of e-dubble, the Baltimore, MD native who has racked up a whopping 15 features on our pages over the past three years. On The Cause, e’s own hard hitting, head-noddable drums back his aggressive, no holds barred flow that will suck you into his world faster than a stray Fruit Loop on a collision course with a Hoover vacuum. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; e-dubble is preparing the release of a collabo EP with 27Lights later this month, followed by a new album, entitled #twotonerebel, which is due out this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)