Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 18th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of e-dubble, the Baltimore, MD native who has racked up a whopping 15 features on our pages over the past three years. On The Cause, e’s own hard hitting, head-noddable drums back his aggressive, no holds barred flow that will suck you into his world faster than a stray Fruit Loop on a collision course with a Hoover vacuum. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; e-dubble is preparing the release of a collabo EP with 27Lights later this month, followed by a new album, entitled #twotonerebel, which is due out this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.