Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 18th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of e-dubble, the Baltimore, MD native who has racked up a whopping 15 features on our pages over the past three years. On The Cause, e’s own hard hitting, head-noddable drums back his aggressive, no holds barred flow that will suck you into his world faster than a stray Fruit Loop on a collision course with a Hoover vacuum. Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; e-dubble is preparing the release of a collabo EP with 27Lights later this month, followed by a new album, entitled #twotonerebel, which is due out this summer.
Written by DJ Z on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.