With a title like Plot Twist, e-dubble‘s latest record must feature some shocking revelation that will force listeners to look at the rest of his oeuvre in a new context, right? Well, sort of—while the inaugural entry in the artist’s monthly First Friday series will disappoint anyone hoping to learn that he was a ghost, or Tyler Durden, or the ghost of Tyler Durden all along, the positivity he brings to this cut is a surprising new look for the Baltimore-residing rapper/producer, whose past features have found him in constant battle with his inner demons. Over his own head-noddable rhythm section, dubble rocks the mic with renewed enthusiasm, pledging to put his nose to the grindstone and achieve the bright future he knows is just around the corner. Though fans will have to wait till February for another first Friday, fans can get a glimpse of the dark tunnel that led up to Plot Twist by listening to e-dubble’s Reset EP, available for streaming and purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.