With a title like Plot Twist, e-dubble‘s latest record must feature some shocking revelation that will force listeners to look at the rest of his oeuvre in a new context, right? Well, sort of—while the inaugural entry in the artist’s monthly First Friday series will disappoint anyone hoping to learn that he was a ghost, or Tyler Durden, or the ghost of Tyler Durden all along, the positivity he brings to this cut is a surprising new look for the Baltimore-residing rapper/producer, whose past features have found him in constant battle with his inner demons. Over his own head-noddable rhythm section, dubble rocks the mic with renewed enthusiasm, pledging to put his nose to the grindstone and achieve the bright future he knows is just around the corner. Though fans will have to wait till February for another first Friday, fans can get a glimpse of the dark tunnel that led up to Plot Twist by listening to e-dubble’s Reset EP, available for streaming and purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.