With a title like Plot Twist, e-dubble‘s latest record must feature some shocking revelation that will force listeners to look at the rest of his oeuvre in a new context, right? Well, sort of—while the inaugural entry in the artist’s monthly First Friday series will disappoint anyone hoping to learn that he was a ghost, or Tyler Durden, or the ghost of Tyler Durden all along, the positivity he brings to this cut is a surprising new look for the Baltimore-residing rapper/producer, whose past features have found him in constant battle with his inner demons. Over his own head-noddable rhythm section, dubble rocks the mic with renewed enthusiasm, pledging to put his nose to the grindstone and achieve the bright future he knows is just around the corner. Though fans will have to wait till February for another first Friday, fans can get a glimpse of the dark tunnel that led up to Plot Twist by listening to e-dubble’s Reset EP, available for streaming and purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.