An often overlooked reality is that artists are fans, too. Just like you or I, emcees and producers find daily inspiration in their fellow artists just as much as the average fan. Case in point, DMV ambassador e-dubble. After hearing Lykke Li’s new song, No Rest for the Wicked, the longtime reader fave was inspired to take a break from recording his upcoming EP and bless us with a remix. With the help of co-producer Vini Vici, e-dub turns the hazy original into a energetic, drum-laden number. Atop the hip-hop-ed out production, dubble impresses with a growling, spry flow that gives the song its bite. Fans looking for more new new from the emcee/producer can anxiously await the release of Surrounded By Giants (with his band 27 Lights), an EP set to drop later this month alongside an exclusive DJBooth Freestyle Series entry.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.