An often overlooked reality is that artists are fans, too. Just like you or I, emcees and producers find daily inspiration in their fellow artists just as much as the average fan. Case in point, DMV ambassador e-dubble. After hearing Lykke Li’s new song, No Rest for the Wicked, the longtime reader fave was inspired to take a break from recording his upcoming EP and bless us with a remix. With the help of co-producer Vini Vici, e-dub turns the hazy original into a energetic, drum-laden number. Atop the hip-hop-ed out production, dubble impresses with a growling, spry flow that gives the song its bite. Fans looking for more new new from the emcee/producer can anxiously await the release of Surrounded By Giants (with his band 27 Lights), an EP set to drop later this month alongside an exclusive DJBooth Freestyle Series entry.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.