While hybrids are gaining more and more attention in our current economic climate (who wants half a paycheck going towards gas?), the music industry has also seen an increase in artists packing hybrid styles. With the creative talent pool in hip-hop growing by the minute, it’s always good to hear an artist mixing things up a bit. Enter e-dubble and his new single My Last Dream. While it’s become commonplace to hear indie samples on hip-hop tracks, it’s something else entirely when one manages to take a song (like Nova Scotian band Wintersleep’s Weighty Ghost) and make it their own, all while keeping the same essence of the original. The Philadelphian native does just that here, producing and starring in something uniquely new while paying an innovative homage to the old. A feature from Komplex gives the kick needed in the end to make a nice song better, creating a track listeners should enjoy until his next project comes out (sorry folks, this is just a promo single). Regardless of whether your ride is a cycle or a F350, fans should be happy that another hybrid is amongst us.
Written by Sigurd on 08/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.