While hybrids are gaining more and more attention in our current economic climate (who wants half a paycheck going towards gas?), the music industry has also seen an increase in artists packing hybrid styles. With the creative talent pool in hip-hop growing by the minute, it’s always good to hear an artist mixing things up a bit. Enter e-dubble and his new single My Last Dream. While it’s become commonplace to hear indie samples on hip-hop tracks, it’s something else entirely when one manages to take a song (like Nova Scotian band Wintersleep’s Weighty Ghost) and make it their own, all while keeping the same essence of the original. The Philadelphian native does just that here, producing and starring in something uniquely new while paying an innovative homage to the old. A feature from Komplex gives the kick needed in the end to make a nice song better, creating a track listeners should enjoy until his next project comes out (sorry folks, this is just a promo single). Regardless of whether your ride is a cycle or a F350, fans should be happy that another hybrid is amongst us.
Written by Sigurd on 08/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)