Not to worry, readers: e-dubble‘s penchant for microphone murder hasn’t landed him behind bars. With that said, any rapper would be proud to stand behind the bars he spits on Jailbreak, the latest entry in his First Friday series. Here, a simple, yet addictive set of keyboard chords sets the stage for allusive, wordplay-laced verses touting the Philly native’s recent successes. This upbeat selection is a far cry from dubble’s last feature, June’s moody Cycle of Nightmares, but those who journeyed with the artist through his darkest hours will find it all the more enjoyable to hear him revel in his triumphs. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for more fresh cuts in e-dubble’s ongoing digital series.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.