Not to worry, readers: e-dubble‘s penchant for microphone murder hasn’t landed him behind bars. With that said, any rapper would be proud to stand behind the bars he spits on Jailbreak, the latest entry in his First Friday series. Here, a simple, yet addictive set of keyboard chords sets the stage for allusive, wordplay-laced verses touting the Philly native’s recent successes. This upbeat selection is a far cry from dubble’s last feature, June’s moody Cycle of Nightmares, but those who journeyed with the artist through his darkest hours will find it all the more enjoyable to hear him revel in his triumphs. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for more fresh cuts in e-dubble’s ongoing digital series.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.