Not to worry, readers: e-dubble‘s penchant for microphone murder hasn’t landed him behind bars. With that said, any rapper would be proud to stand behind the bars he spits on Jailbreak, the latest entry in his First Friday series. Here, a simple, yet addictive set of keyboard chords sets the stage for allusive, wordplay-laced verses touting the Philly native’s recent successes. This upbeat selection is a far cry from dubble’s last feature, June’s moody Cycle of Nightmares, but those who journeyed with the artist through his darkest hours will find it all the more enjoyable to hear him revel in his triumphs. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for more fresh cuts in e-dubble’s ongoing digital series.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.