Not to worry, readers: e-dubble‘s penchant for microphone murder hasn’t landed him behind bars. With that said, any rapper would be proud to stand behind the bars he spits on Jailbreak, the latest entry in his First Friday series. Here, a simple, yet addictive set of keyboard chords sets the stage for allusive, wordplay-laced verses touting the Philly native’s recent successes. This upbeat selection is a far cry from dubble’s last feature, June’s moody Cycle of Nightmares, but those who journeyed with the artist through his darkest hours will find it all the more enjoyable to hear him revel in his triumphs. Enough out of me, though—are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for more fresh cuts in e-dubble’s ongoing digital series.
Written by richard on 08/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.