If you tuned in for e-dubble‘s last feature, October 2011’s Fight for Days, you know that he doesn’t get a whole lot of shut-eye; between days on the grind and nights of liquor-soaked revelry, there’s little room in the Baltimore representative’s schedule for catching Z’s. On his latest effort, promo single Grey Skies, the underground emcee/producer reveals what lies behind his allergy to inertia—namely, an acute awareness of the precious and irreplaceable value of each passing minute. Backed by Billy “Villain” Martin’s brooding synths and pensive keyboard arpeggios, the rhymesayer paints a vivid lyrical portrait of anxiety in the face of finitude, spitting, “I see the clock inside my phone just starin’ back at me / like what we do with all our time could be a tragedy.” Of course, he doesn’t spend more than a bar or two fretting about it. Instead, he gives his ambition free rein, brainstorming a brighter future not only for himself, but for the society surrounding him. Does this bracing jam leave you itching to get outside and make something happen? Then have at it—but remember to check back with the Booth for more fresh tunes from this DMV fast-riser.
Written by richard on 01/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.