Though the Baltimore representer’s last feature saw e-dubble espousing a decidedly hedonistic life philosophy, don’t think for a second that he lets his vices get in the way of his grind. On the contrary, it’s all part of the plan—on new promo single Fight for Days, the up-and-coming emcee gives us a little insight into how the various pieces of his everyday grind fit into the bigger picture. As usual, dubble doubles as rapper and producer. Flowing over his own sampled boardwork, a relatively straightforward flip of the sliced-and-diced intro groove from indie-rockers Phantogram’s Don’t Move, the artist details his pragmatic philosophy in scatterbrained yet resolute verses. While liquor and partying still loom large in his bars (“My liver’s lookin’ at me like I’m f*cking his daughter / My 40’s lookin’ like he wanna kill him regardless.), he also emphasizes his commitment to the hustle, promising, “If we eat, or if we starve / we still gonna work and do a good ass job.” If this innovative, upbeat jam’s left your interest piqued, don’t touch that dial. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from e-dubble.
Written by richard on 10/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.