Though the Baltimore representer’s last feature saw e-dubble espousing a decidedly hedonistic life philosophy, don’t think for a second that he lets his vices get in the way of his grind. On the contrary, it’s all part of the plan—on new promo single Fight for Days, the up-and-coming emcee gives us a little insight into how the various pieces of his everyday grind fit into the bigger picture. As usual, dubble doubles as rapper and producer. Flowing over his own sampled boardwork, a relatively straightforward flip of the sliced-and-diced intro groove from indie-rockers Phantogram’s Don’t Move, the artist details his pragmatic philosophy in scatterbrained yet resolute verses. While liquor and partying still loom large in his bars (“My liver’s lookin’ at me like I’m f*cking his daughter / My 40’s lookin’ like he wanna kill him regardless.), he also emphasizes his commitment to the hustle, promising, “If we eat, or if we starve / we still gonna work and do a good ass job.” If this innovative, upbeat jam’s left your interest piqued, don’t touch that dial. While this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from e-dubble.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.