Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It ain’t easy to write a catchy pop song about your innermost pain and struggle—and that’s exactly why e-dubble decided to do it. Recording during, “a time of turmoil and uncertainty,” as, “a litmus test,” to prove he could conquer his troubles, Cycle of Nightmares (Let It Go) finds the Philly-born, Baltimore-residing emcee/producer waging lyrical war against his inner demons over his own tuneful keys and dogged percussion rhythm. The result is not just cathartic but uplifting, thanks to dubble’s relatable rhymes and the record’s overall anthemic feel. Fans will be able to find Cycle, the previously-featured Down and much more on the artist’s Reset EP, due out November 6, via Black Paisley and pre-orderable now on iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view e-dubble’s William Hemsley-directed Cycle of Nightmares (Let It Go) visual.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.