Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
It ain’t easy to write a catchy pop song about your innermost pain and struggle—and that’s exactly why e-dubble decided to do it. Recording during, “a time of turmoil and uncertainty,” as, “a litmus test,” to prove he could conquer his troubles, Cycle of Nightmares (Let It Go) finds the Philly-born, Baltimore-residing emcee/producer waging lyrical war against his inner demons over his own tuneful keys and dogged percussion rhythm. The result is not just cathartic but uplifting, thanks to dubble’s relatable rhymes and the record’s overall anthemic feel. Fans will be able to find Cycle, the previously-featured Down and much more on the artist’s Reset EP, due out November 6, via Black Paisley and pre-orderable now on iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view e-dubble’s William Hemsley-directed Cycle of Nightmares (Let It Go) visual.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Philly-born, Baltimore-based rapper and producer e-dubble presents the Reset EP, a seven-track collection of original material. Written and produced entirely by the artist himself, the project represents a clean break with...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.