e-dubble‘s boat may not be the most capacious in the metaphorical ocean, but it manages to keep him afloat while Big Ships are sinking around him. The latest entry in the Baltimore-by-way-of-Philly emcee’s First Friday series is an anthem for all artists still kicking knowledge despite the marketability of trendier, less intellectually stimulating fare. Over beatsmith Black Paisley‘s head-noddable percussion and piano loops, dubble urges his peers to, “do it Big like Wallace… even when the bread’s on nada.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked for further First Friday highlights, as well as updates on anything else e-dubble may have on the agenda. In the meantime, you can still cop last fall’s Reset EP for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.