e-dubble‘s boat may not be the most capacious in the metaphorical ocean, but it manages to keep him afloat while Big Ships are sinking around him. The latest entry in the Baltimore-by-way-of-Philly emcee’s First Friday series is an anthem for all artists still kicking knowledge despite the marketability of trendier, less intellectually stimulating fare. Over beatsmith Black Paisley‘s head-noddable percussion and piano loops, dubble urges his peers to, “do it Big like Wallace… even when the bread’s on nada.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked for further First Friday highlights, as well as updates on anything else e-dubble may have on the agenda. In the meantime, you can still cop last fall’s Reset EP for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)