e-dubble‘s boat may not be the most capacious in the metaphorical ocean, but it manages to keep him afloat while Big Ships are sinking around him. The latest entry in the Baltimore-by-way-of-Philly emcee’s First Friday series is an anthem for all artists still kicking knowledge despite the marketability of trendier, less intellectually stimulating fare. Over beatsmith Black Paisley‘s head-noddable percussion and piano loops, dubble urges his peers to, “do it Big like Wallace… even when the bread’s on nada.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked for further First Friday highlights, as well as updates on anything else e-dubble may have on the agenda. In the meantime, you can still cop last fall’s Reset EP for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.