e-dubble‘s boat may not be the most capacious in the metaphorical ocean, but it manages to keep him afloat while Big Ships are sinking around him. The latest entry in the Baltimore-by-way-of-Philly emcee’s First Friday series is an anthem for all artists still kicking knowledge despite the marketability of trendier, less intellectually stimulating fare. Over beatsmith Black Paisley‘s head-noddable percussion and piano loops, dubble urges his peers to, “do it Big like Wallace… even when the bread’s on nada.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked for further First Friday highlights, as well as updates on anything else e-dubble may have on the agenda. In the meantime, you can still cop last fall’s Reset EP for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.