e-dubble‘s boat may not be the most capacious in the metaphorical ocean, but it manages to keep him afloat while Big Ships are sinking around him. The latest entry in the Baltimore-by-way-of-Philly emcee’s First Friday series is an anthem for all artists still kicking knowledge despite the marketability of trendier, less intellectually stimulating fare. Over beatsmith Black Paisley‘s head-noddable percussion and piano loops, dubble urges his peers to, “do it Big like Wallace… even when the bread’s on nada.” Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked for further First Friday highlights, as well as updates on anything else e-dubble may have on the agenda. In the meantime, you can still cop last fall’s Reset EP for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Changed My Mind" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.