Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in Heat, Denise Richards and Neve Campbell in Wild Things, E-40 and Too $hort on Show Me What You Working Wit; it isn’t often that we get to see (or hear) two legends work together, but when it their forces combine, the result is (almost) always spectacular. Unarguably the godfathers of Bay Area hip-hop, 40 and Too $hort have been making booties bounce for over two decades, and the experience shows on Working Wit. Centered around a booming, slap beat from 40’s son Droop-E, neither emcee reinvents the wheel on Working Wit: 40’s rhymes are as schizophrenic as ever, and Short’s b**ch laden rhymes haven’t changed in years, but this track is supposed to whip the clubs into a frenzy, not win a Grammy, and by that measure I think it works admirably. Does the rest of the Booth agree? Show Me What You Working Wit is the latest leak off E-40’s upcoming double-album Revenue Retrievin, set to make trunks everywhere rattle on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/22/10
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.