Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in Heat, Denise Richards and Neve Campbell in Wild Things, E-40 and Too $hort on Show Me What You Working Wit; it isn’t often that we get to see (or hear) two legends work together, but when it their forces combine, the result is (almost) always spectacular. Unarguably the godfathers of Bay Area hip-hop, 40 and Too $hort have been making booties bounce for over two decades, and the experience shows on Working Wit. Centered around a booming, slap beat from 40’s son Droop-E, neither emcee reinvents the wheel on Working Wit: 40’s rhymes are as schizophrenic as ever, and Short’s b**ch laden rhymes haven’t changed in years, but this track is supposed to whip the clubs into a frenzy, not win a Grammy, and by that measure I think it works admirably. Does the rest of the Booth agree? Show Me What You Working Wit is the latest leak off E-40’s upcoming double-album Revenue Retrievin, set to make trunks everywhere rattle on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/22/10
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.