Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro in Heat, Denise Richards and Neve Campbell in Wild Things, E-40 and Too $hort on Show Me What You Working Wit; it isn’t often that we get to see (or hear) two legends work together, but when it their forces combine, the result is (almost) always spectacular. Unarguably the godfathers of Bay Area hip-hop, 40 and Too $hort have been making booties bounce for over two decades, and the experience shows on Working Wit. Centered around a booming, slap beat from 40’s son Droop-E, neither emcee reinvents the wheel on Working Wit: 40’s rhymes are as schizophrenic as ever, and Short’s b**ch laden rhymes haven’t changed in years, but this track is supposed to whip the clubs into a frenzy, not win a Grammy, and by that measure I think it works admirably. Does the rest of the Booth agree? Show Me What You Working Wit is the latest leak off E-40’s upcoming double-album Revenue Retrievin, set to make trunks everywhere rattle on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/22/10
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.