I know more than a couple Bay Area natives who were disappointed by E-40’s last album The Ball Street Journal – they felt like he had diluted his Yay Area roots just a little too much – but those waiting for 40 Water to fully return to his ghostridin ways need wait no longer. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you E-Fonzarelli’s new single The Server, a crushing track that finds him reuniting with long time production partner Rick Rock, who here overlays a fat bass line and percussive snares with an African-sounding vocal sample. But, as always, the real story here is 40’s tongue, which delivers a steady stream of street talk complete with slang so strange I don’t think even 40 knows what he’s saying: what does “flea flickin’ and fiddle faddlin” mean? Your guess is as good as mine. Has E-40 truly dug back into his native soil, as The Server suggests? We’ll have to wait until his new album Revenue Retrievin drops on March 30.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/28/10
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)