Now that he is a little older, Lil Jon has traded in his pimp cup for a good book, choosing to spend his nights at home instead of out at the club… psych! Today, the king of crunk shows he still reigns supreme over the club scene with his contributions to Ripped, the latest single from Bay Area mainstay E-40. With a chorus that sounds like it was recorded after a long night of partying and lyrics designed to be screamed at the club (“I hate being sober!” and, “Let’s drink like we ain’t gotta work tomorrow!” are just two of the many examples), Ripped will surely be a hit at your next shindig. Over a signature crunk beat from Jon, E-40, also no stranger to the club, keeps listeners intoxicated, showcasing a slurred, accented delivery that serves as a nice change of pace from Jon’s frenzied style. Ripped is set to appear on E-40’s forthcoming triple-album, The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil 4-6, due out in August.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.