What’s the Function of the rap remix? Well, in addition to the promotional role of providing a second wind to singles approaching their sell-by date, it often broadens a record’s scope by adding rhymes, concepts and collaborators that didn’t make it onto the original cut. With that said, you can hardly get more expansive than this “Coast to Coast” reimagining of E-40‘s Block Brochure lead single, which finds the Bay Area mainstay making room for an array of guest artists representing a variety of locales. Retained from the original along with Watts repper Problem‘s bars (IamSu! and YG‘s verses, on the other hand, have been excised), Trend‘s street-ready production sets the stage for newly-added contributions from Young Jeezy, Chris Brown (in his “rapper” hat), French Montana and Red Cafe. As if that weren’t enough newness for y’all, Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman of APLUSFILMZ tie the package together with some brand new visuals. Originally released back in March The Block Brochure: Welcome to the Soil (Part 1) is available (along with Parts 2 and 3) in stores and online via Heavy on the Grind Ent./EMI.
Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Talk Hard" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.